The following are the top 2 Dutch oven camping recipes
1. Dutch Oven Peach and Berry Cobbler Recipe
· Ground cinnamon sugar
· 2¼ cups of baking mix
· A quarter cup of sugar
· Half cup of baking mix
· 2 (16-ounce) cans of sliced peaches in light syrup, or in a fruit juice
· 1 pint fresh blueberries
· A quarter cup (half a stick) of melted butter
· Half cup of milk
Spray your Dutch oven with a vegetable oil cooking spray before preheating it to about 350 degrees F. Drain one can of the peaches before combining cans of peaches, including blueberries, if using, sugar, the baking mix and cinnamon. Place the mixture into your Dutch oven.
To make the topping by combining baking mix, butter, sugar, and milk in a plastic bag. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar if you want that sweet taste.
Place hot coals on your Dutch oven before heating it for 30 to45 minutes, or until its top is crusty and golden brown.
2. Easy Dutch Oven Sloppy Joes Recipe
What are the ingredients?
· A quarter cup of ketchup
· two tablespoons of brown sugar
· one tablespoon of steak sauce
· Half teaspoon of garlic salt
· 2 pounds of ground turkey or beef
· Half cup of chopped onion
· two celery ribs with chopped leaves
· A quarter cup of chopped green pepper
· 1-2/3 cups of canned crushed tomatoes
· one tablespoon of white vinegar
· one tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
· A quarter teaspoon of paprika
· 8 to 10 hamburger split buns
· A quarter teaspoon of ground mustard
You should heat your Dutch oven over medium heat, cook your beef, onion, green pepper and celery until vegetables are tender; meat takes a brown colour (no longer pink) and drains it.
Stir in the next nine ingredients well. Simmer, uncovered, for 35 to 40 minutes or until all are well heated. You should stir them occasionally. Spoon a half cup of meat mixture and sprinkle onto each bun. This will give them a sweet yummy taste.